THE SOUTHERN AFRICAN BIOGAS INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION (SABIA)
In 2013, several core groups formed the Southern African Biogas Industry as a result of recognizing the potential market for biogas and the need for representation of the industry in South Africa. Prior to this, there was no single entity representing and lobbying for the interests of the biogas industry.
Over the years, the SABIA has grown in membership and is a registered non-profit organization:
SABIA has grown and established itself nationally as the recognized voice for the biogas industry in. We are proud to have achieved:
- Partnerships and collaborations with other associations and role players, including the World Biogas Association (WBA), UNIDO, GIZ.
- Successfully accessed funding from UNIDO towards the promotion of the biogas industry.
- Development of the biogas information HUB and in doing so making guidelines and technical documents available to the public.
- Holding of biogas training workshops & webinars
- Hosting of SABIA National Biogas Conferences